The second phase of the distribution was carried out this time with the view of shepherding the new contacts the brothers were burdened for. To me, we were carrying out the local brothers' burden for the propagation of the truth using the ministry literature as a channel. I just followed the brothers arrangement in going to places and ministering the word as the Lord gave the opportunity. And as the situation deemed fit, the Telugu New Testament Recovery Version was introduced.
Paipedu and Dabbudupalli were remote places with mostly farmers and hunters. The need there was more of the ministry of the word and prayers as many were barely able to read by themselves. Nonetheless, they needed the word of God, in "oral dispensation." While in other places, the study of the word using the Recovery Version was encouraged.
In Jammalamadugu, a meeting for the youth was held and the burden released was on consecration using the Nazarite vow in Numbers 6.
In Mudigubba, the Lord led us to "God Servants" who warmly welcomed us with a lovefeast meal even before we ministered the word. Their hospitality was amazing and exemplary. Once they cherished us, it was our time to nourish them with the solid food of the word. As we introduced the Telugu New Testament Recovery Version using selected footnotes, three sisters and a brother, all of them responded positively. Every query they asked opened up the corresponding truth points. They were very impressed with the truths presented in the form of footnotes. They purchased a copy for each one, and for one young sister, we gifted a copy, the daughter of one of the elderly sisters. Later, she opened up about her spiritual, psychology, and physical situation, seeking prayer and help.
As they requested me to pray for them and the ministry they were involved in, I did so with all sincerely for the Lord to show them the vision of Christ and the church, for them to love the Lord more, gain Him more and more that, one day, the Lord’s testimony in the locality may be raised up.
Once my prayer was over, and everyone amened, I saw the young sister kneeling down right in front me. Perhaps, it was her habit to kneel while praying? Then, she requested for another special prayer for her because of her weak physical and psychological condition. On her request, in front of her mother and the other elderly brother and sister, I prayed again as per her request. We then introduced her to the brother serving in Tirupati as she will rejoin her college there a few weeks after. This was a very unique experience of seeking believers the Lord led us to, for shepherding.
In Dharmavaram, I was informed of a Pastor who harbored a negative notion about the saints in the Lord’s recovery concerning the reading of the ministry books and the word of God. Therefore, when we met, I simply testified of how I have been reading the Bible from my childhood and how the ministry books helped me in understanding the Bible that I have been reading. I gave an example of brother Nee's book, The Normal Christian Life, which opened my eyes to see the practical matters of the church. Then, I asked the brothers with me to introduce the Telugu New Testament Recovery Version. He immediately purchased a copy for himself, in contrary to the negative view he once had concerning the ministry.
Later, with another two fsmilies, I fully gave the two brothers with me, the opportunity to function to introduce the Recovery Version Bible. They did so well. They exercised their spirits, and released their burden for the spread of the truth. Thus, the minsitry literature journey for this time came to a satisfactory conclusion.
The two brothers volunteered to drop me to Bengaluru Airport from Dharmavaram, about three hours drive. Though I had my train ticket, they insisted to drop me so that they can have more fellowship with me. Indeed, we had a lot of fellowship on the way, and even at the Airport, for about an hour, until we finally had our thanksgiving and departing prayers. Then, I checked in to board a flight back to Delhi.
May the Lord bless His move in Rayalaseema region of Andhra Pradesh.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.