Thursday, 24 September 2026

Fellowship: With a Family

A week ago, I receieved an urgent call for fellowship with a family. As I was busy with another official matter, I could not attend to the request of the family immediately. However, when I was ready, I did vista them at a brother's house where they took a safe abode due to the traumatic situation that transpired at their home. I paid a careful heed to all that the family members had to say. I am no God to solve any man's problem. So, I led them all to the Lord in prayer. Meanwhile, the brother concerned was not contactable and it was good to give him time to cool down.

The following day, a brother and I had called for fellowship with the brother concerned. We simply went through the morning revival portion of the day and pray-read a few verses from Galatians 2:14-20. Then, we heard from the brother too, all that he had to say, from his own view point.

Listening is one of the characters of a serving ones. Listen to what the saints had to say. Listen to what they did not say but meant to say. Listen to what they said but did not mean to say. Finally, listen to what God has to say concerning what the saints have said and did not say, and discern the matter spiritually. This is a lesson on listening.

After hearing separately from the wife and the husband, we called both of them. I made it clear first of all that, we are not to solve their problems, for we honestly cannot, and acknowledged that only God is the solver of the problems. Our intention was to bring them to God, the source of life, light, and light, and the solution to all the problems. The fellowship went on and on. As it was the day before, so also the day after. Marathon fellowships, and ending in prayers.

The issue has not yet been settled yet, but they both have come to realise what the actual root cause of the problems. Oneness, mutual trust, divine love, and sweet coordination and fellowship between married couple are needed. These, only the Lord Jesus can grace. Though the truth we know, life experiences also need to follow. The Lord, in His time, will train and perfect all the saints, including the family and the said couple. We are all work in progress.
 
GOD WILL HAVE HIS WAY. Meanwhile, we wait in prayer all the way. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.