Last Lord’s Day, a bending meeting of seven nearby localities was planned at the meeting hall of the church in Pulivendula. This plan was informed to me only two days before the meeting. Therefore, on Saturday morning, I prayed to the Lord to reveal His burden as I was assigned to minster the word. As I prayed, the Lord gave me a verse in John 12:24 and the message to be ministered was on "blending and building." Even on the Lord’s Day morning, I still looked to the Lord for more details on this burden. So, when the time came to minsiter the word after the bread breaking meeting, I released the burden.
One lesson the Lord taught me in the minstry of the word was, once the burden was received from the Lord, I simply should trust the ministering Spirit and follow the anointing to minister. Though this was the way I used to minister, this time, somehow I tried to depend on the outline and already printed materials. Therfore, I was slightly distracted. So, I had to exercise my spirit more to emphasise on the very burden God burdened me with. In between, I even resorted to singing hymn concerning building, hymn # 841. Thank the Lord that the saints atleast got the burden: One God, One Ministry (the building of the Body), and One Goa (the New Jerusalem).
In the evening, the church brothers arranged another meeting. There, I learned my lesson not to be distracted by anything else, but simply focus on the burden from the Lord. I just stick to the burden and released the burden, verse by verse, point by point, as God led me. The burden was on, "the prohibitions and warnings in the building up the Body in serving the Lord."
Using Leviticus 9 and 10, the ministering was on a warning on offering "strange fire" which resulted in the death of Nadab and Abihu for not following the way ordained by God.
Leviticus 9:23-24 RecVer
23. And Moses and Aaron went into the Tent of Meeting. And they came out and blessed the people; and the glory of Jehovah appeared to all the people.
24. Then fire came forth from before Jehovah and consumed the burnt offering and the fat portions on the altar. And when all the people saw it, they gave a ringing shout and fell on their faces.
Leviticus 10:1-2 RecVer
1. And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, each took his censer, and put fire in them and laid incense on it, and they presented strange fire before Jehovah, which He had not commanded them.
2. And fire came out from before Jehovah and consumed them, and they died before Jehovah.
Using 2 Samuel 6, the ministering was on a warning of what David and Uzzah did. Though their hearts were good and their intention to bring the Ark back to the proper dwelling place was proper, the way they took was not according to God-ordained way. So, when the ox carrying the Ark stumbled and the Ark was about to fall, the good intention of Uzzah in trying to protect the falling Ark caused his own death as this broke God-ordained way in Numbers 4:15.
2 Samuel 6:6-7 RecVer
6. And when they came to Nachon’s threshing floor, Uzzah reached out for the Ark of God and took hold of it; for the oxen had stumbled.
7. And the anger of Jehovah was kindled against Uzzah, and God struck him there for his error; and he died there by the Ark of God.
Using Exodus 30, the ministering was on the anointing not to be applied on the flesh and not to make any duplicate of the anointing.
Exodus 30:32 RecVer
Upon the flesh of man it shall not be poured, nor shall you make any like it, according to its composition; it is holy, and it shall be holy to you.
Exodus 30:38 RecVer
Whoever shall make any like it, to smell it, shall be cut off from his people.
Thus, the burden from the Lord was fully released and the saints were so much supplied with the ministry of the word.
Finally, in the night after our dinner, we had a time of fellowship with the key brothers. Answering to a brother's question on how to know God's will, I gave the four practical points on knowing God's will through:
- Prayer, exercising the spirit to discern by life and peace (Romans 8:6)
- The understanding of the word of God, even with the help of the ministry
- The fellowship in the Body for clarification and confirmation
- The circumstantial evidences
Besides, the Lord burdend me to minister the need for the experiences of breaking through the cross of Christ resulting in the death in the natural man, and then resurrection which leads to the building issuing in the Lord’s blessing.
The brothers were so touched by the timely speaking of the Lord. We then prayed together and went back to rest. As we were about to rest, I had a time of fellowship with a brother who hosted me.
It was indeed a blessed day of ministering the word of God! The Lord’s heart was on the building up of the Body of Christ.
May the Lord bless the saints, the brothers, and the church.
Praise the Lord for the ministry of the word!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.