Monday, 24 August 2026

Wedding Gathering

I received a last minute information about a sister's wedding in New Delhi just two days before the wedding date. I had no intention to attend as I had many things in store at hand. However, when my wife and my daughter spoke to me about attending the wedding, I responded half heartedly initially. Later, it was confirmed through a fellowship with a brother that it was good for me to attend. Then, I finally decided to attend.

As usual, the wedding meeting in the church life is simple yet full of content, especially in the ministry of the word. It was God who arranged the marriage and He did it in the best way. I was simply one of the witnesses to the Lord’s sovereign arrangement. The testimonies of the saints and the ministry of the word with a specific focus on the family members of the groom who were yet to be saved was simply amazing. The wedding meeting has served its very purpose; a testimony to the family and friends of the bride and groom, and also to the church.

When requested to be one among the brothers to bless the couple in prayer, the instant leading of the Lord in me for the couple was to bless them with the bkessing of the Triune God. The greatest blessing on the whole universe is the blessing of the Triune to be dispensed into the couple to make them one with Himself and one with one another, also and fill them with the divine love to love one another.

Besides, this wedding meeting also turned out to be our family gathering. After a long long time, we were able to take a family photo together with proper attire. As we graced the wedding, we also graced our own family gathering. The Lord was sovereign in leading us to this wedding meeting.

Sometimes, I may be complacent to something the Lord had in mind. Yet, He never left me to my own decision. He used the people around me to wake me up from my sleeper cell and venture out to discover what the He has planned for us as a family. 

What a blessing in disguise for our family in attending this wedding meeting! What a wedding gathering that also paved the way for our family gathering.

May the Lord bless the couple, make them fruitful and multiply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.