On the first day of our fellowship with a brother, the Lord opened my eyes to see once again how much my eyes need to be opened to see God, and the result of seeing God is to see my self. Job was indeed perfect outwardly as God testified about him, yet, inwardly he lacked divine life and nature of God. Despite all the dealings he had gone through, he was not able to see himself. Therefore, he kept defending his integrity to all who debated or questioned him. This cycle of debate went on and on until God came and asked him questions after questions in Job 38-41 until Job realised he was nothing, knew nothing, and that God is everything.
Job 42:1-6 RecVer1. Then Job answered Jehovah and said,2. I know that You can do all things / And that no purpose of Yours can be restrained.3. Who is this who hides counsel without knowledge? / Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, / Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know.4. Hear now, and I will speak; / I will ask of You, and You shall inform me.5. I had heard of You by the hearing of the ear, / But now my eye has seen You;6. Therefore I abhor myself, and I repent / In dust and ashes.
Based on the fellowship as the initiation, the following hymn was composed, with what I have understood of the word of God concerning seeing God and seeing one self.
Prayer: To See God and Know God; to See and Know Oneself
(Enlightened by and through the fellowship of Br. RC, I wrote this hymn today, the 21 Aug 2026)
Tune: What a Friend We Have in Jesus Hymn 789
1
(Matt. 9:27; 7:5; 8:25; Eph. 1:18; John 15:26)
Son of David, Lord, have mercy!
Heal my sight that I may see!
Open my eyes, Lord, to see Thee,
All Thou art, see Thee clearly.
Son of God, enlighten my heart;
To know Thee and Thy glory,
To know the hope of Thy calling
To know Thee in reality.
2
(Psalms. 43:3-4; 133:3)
Lord, send forth Thy light and Thy truth,
Lead me to Thy holy mount.
Bring me to Thy tabernacle,
To Thy altar, to Thy fount.
Lord, there, to praise and worship Thee,
There, in oneness we're dwelling ,
There, Thy anointing bestowing,
There, Thou command Thy blessing!
3
(Exodus, Acts 7; Heb. 9-10)
Out of Egypt to wilderness,
Lead me onto Thy good land;
Red Sea crossed, then o'er to Jordan,
Lead through and through by Thy hand.
Outer court to the Holy Place,
Passing through the riven veil,
Into to the Holy of Holies,
To live e're within the veil.
4
(Psalms 103:7; Rev.3:16-18)
Thank Thee, Father, for Thy mercy,
Revealing Thyself to me;
Thy way and Thy deeds to know Thee,
To know myself, and self to see.
Lord, I confess I am lukewarm,
Wretched, miserable, poor,
Blind and naked, I come to Thee,
Anoint my eyes, Thou to see.
5
(Job 42:5-6; Rom.8:13)
Lord, my hearing ear had heard Thee,
Lord, now, my eye has seen Thee.
Lord, I abhor myself and repent
In dust and ashes, unto Thee.
Lord, my end is Thy beginning.
Lord, my death is Thy living.
Through Thy cross by Thy Spirit,
Lord, Thou be e'er my living.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.