Grace is enjoying Christ! Grace is much beyond unmerited favor which has a connotation of something objective. Spiritually, grace is the subjective experiences and enjoyment of Christ through persons, matters, and things. It could be objective, it could be subjective, and it could also be both.
My recent enjoyment of Christ as grace is in the matter of dealing with persons and that involves money. I have been graced by the Lord in money matters as He supplies all my needs abundantly. Having shown much grace, I dare not be otherwise when I deal with people. I would love to shaw as much grace as I can possibly show with the grace God has been gracing me with.
We just finished the painting works of the house where the Lord has placed us as a family at the moment, ongoing for over eighteen years now. The external painting works were done by sharing the expenses with our house owner. The internal painting is all left to us, the tenants. In fellowship with the brothers and the saints in the church, as the ground floor is also used for the church meeting, we agreed on a certain color and the cost whatever it takes, to be determined later. The work was started, however it had to break for about a month as the key person had gone to his native place for his family matters. We patiently waited. When the work resumed and finally completed after about twenty one days of painting works, the time for payment settlement came. Deep within me, the Lord impressed me to be as gracious as possible. As I have been shown mercy and grace, the same grace I should show to others.
Therefore, I took the initiative to ask for the price of the painting works. My guestimation was a certain amount about sixty thousands for the cost of materials and labor charges. However, I passed the ball to the painter who is also a brother to decide how much he would charge. He quoted exhorbitantly high, nevertheless, I applied the principle of grace I have been graced with. I simply asked the brother to finalise on an amount which he is happy with. And he made the call at eighty-five thousands, twenty-five thousands more than what I actually calculated. I amened to my brother's quotation and happily gave him the money in full without any further negotiations. I was happy with his happiness.
In fact, I even testified to him that money should be used where it should be used rightfully. All that I have are from the Lord. Where and when there is the need, the Lord provides. I must not love money nor be controlled by it. Instead, I must control money and use it without any love for it. Afterall, I am the Lord’s, He is mine, and all that I have are all from Him. I was also very happy and satisfied in the happiness and satisfaction of my brother painter who did all the painting works in the house the Lord has blessed me with.
Praise the Lord! All grace!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.