Thursday, 8 October 2026

Hebrews, He Brews

I have been learning the basics of biblical Hebrew for about two years now. Though I initially intended to complete the course in a year or so, I could not make it due to my frequent traveling for the ministry and tending to important official and church services while in the office. In fact, before my 21 days ministry journey in the month of August, I attempted to complete the midterm exam and did my best but I could not get sufficient time to study. Then, I thought I could study and complete the exam during the two days gap I had during my trip. Even then, meetings were arranged and I could not get sufficient time to study. Therfore, I postponed it again.

Finally, I planned for a one week intensive revision on 9 Hebrew lessons and decided to take the exam last Tuesday, 7th Oct, just the day before another training was to start, then, I would be busy again. So, last week, everyday, I revised a couple of chapters, memorized the vocabularies, took the quizes, and went through all the tests for all the chapters. It was quite a labor.

However, on Tuesday my exam day, I was very busy again as we had our regular small group meeting. After the meeting, when we reached home it was already 10:30 PM. As usual, I still went out for my personal prayer time in the night,  then took bath, and finally was ready to write the exam.

Still, I felt I should do one more round of revision atleast on all the previous test questions. I did a final revision again, and that took me another 2 hours. Only at 2 AM, Wednesday early morning I was truly ready and finally, I took the midterm exam that lasted for 2 hours.

The Lord graced me and I was able to do well. I was glad that I did my best after so much labor and hours and hiurs of studies. I am glad that in all the chapter-wise tests and three big exams, my average score is about 90%. I deeply felt that I did not deserve this much score. It was all grace marks from the Lord. 

Sometimes, I questioned myself why I enrolled for this Hebrew course. It took so much time to study, and so much effort to memorize many Hebrew words. Anyhow, I have completed most of the chapters and I cannot give up now. I have come all the way, not knowing it would take so much time and energy. Thank the Lord for His grace!

In learning Hebrew, I have been brewed in my studies, especially, my mind, in studying and memorising like a school students. Let the Lord brew me and make use of this little Hebrew know-how.

Now, I look to the Lord for more grace to complete the remaining portion. And I believe, in time, the Lord would let me know why I am studying Hebrew. Everything is with a purpose and I trust God, He will make use of this Hebrew learning from my part. The will of the Lord be done. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.